Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Captain Turns Fifty

Wow! I turn fifty this year. For those of you that do not know when my birthday is it is February 30th. Drop me a card on that day if you would. Anyhow I was feeling a little sorry for myself when I remembered a book I had read where a guy also turned fifty and he listed fifty things he did. I think that was from a book written by Jimmy Buffett. They are not as glamourous as Jimmy's, but for a guy that grew up in a small town in Iowa I am very proud of them. I do not have anyone posting on my blogs. Jump in what are somethings that you would put? Here are mine. Many of you were with me on my adventures. Enjoy this.


1. I’ve eaten watermelon and fried chicken in the hills of West Virginia.

2. I’ve met the speaker of the house in Dublin.

3. I coached The Ivorian National Women’s Team in the Ivory Coast

4. I’ve been to Lenin’s tomb in Moscow.

5. I’ve been to the Kremlin in Moscow.

6. I was one of the assistants on the Irish Natl. Team in Malta.

7. I was lost in the Coffee fields of Costa Rica.

8. I have been to a Natl. Park in Belize.

9. I was in El Salvador during a Civil War.

10. I was in Guatemala during a national strike.

11. I have been to the Eiffel tower in Paris.

12. I have seen a Nazi Death Camp in Belgium

13. I was at the cemetery at Clonmacnoise.

14. I saw Barak Obama in Cedar Falls

15. I’ve been to Gorbachev’s house in Moscow.

16. I’ve watched Lou Brock Steal second in St. Louis.

17. I watched Rod Carew chase 400 in the Twin Cities.

18. I saw Thurman Munson the week before he was killed in Minneapolis.

19. I have been to the Grand ole’ Opry in Nashville Tenn.

20. I have walked in the pines in the Rocky Mts.

21. I was offered a job on the Navajo Nation of New Mexico.

22. I flew with Billy Tubbs from Oklahoma City.

23. I saw the Natl. Basketball Champion in the Iowa Field House.

24. I was robbed in Nicaragua.

25. I saw President Reagan in Cedar Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment