Saturday, June 4, 2011

The International House

…4:00 A.M….

…IHOP…

…Oklahoma City…

I hate Oklahoma City! For me it is so far from home. Ten Hours from Austin, twelve hours from Jesup, it is forever to anywhere. At four in the morning I sit in the International House of Pancakes with truck drivers and young women that are dressed to go to a dance somewhere, although those women seem very interested in the truck drivers. For me I can’t get enough coffee.

Things went a little wild in the chili-bar down in Austin. It started when Wait picked up an eight ball from the pool table and threw it into the television screen knocking the shopping network off of the air. He was mad because he could not win at dominoes. Guy Clark said he had to meet a lady on the Spanish steps, and it seems that the Clementine I favor was avoiding me.

…Twelve hours from Jesup…

…A pot of coffee…

…A plate of pancakes…

…I hate Oklahoma City…

No comments:

Post a Comment