Sunday, December 11, 2011

Death Of Jim Lay


The First time I met Jim was in an airport in Chicago. He was meeting an Irish basketball team that was coming to my school here in Iowa. His plane was late and they had given him a rough time in customs. Still he came bounding through the airport with that big smile and that giant laugh. Within minutes we found three passions we both had: life, basketball, and bacon cheeseburgers.

I know of few people that didn't like Jimmy and when he met my mother of 80 she instantly fell in love with him. Every year he would send flowers to her, call, or write on her birthday and he had very kind words when she passed.

I am convinced Jim was a seven foot tall man in a 5'9" body. He told me before they played the English in the Four Countrys' Tournament he played this for his players, Braveheart, I will think of Jim when ever I see it.

My condolences go to all of his family and friends. Scotland will not only miss Jimmy, the world will miss him as well.

Read More at Jim Lay .

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Jim. I miss Jim every day. This makes me smile though. He always had such a kind heart, so nice to see he had a good relationship with your mum.
    Jimmy was 7ft tall, was he not??? haha

    ReplyDelete