Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gunder Burger




Monday a couple teaching friends and I made the pilgrimage to Gunder, Iowa for the world famous 'Gunder Burger'. I had been wanting  a cheeseburger for over a month and so I ordered one with everything. It was one pound of 80/20 beef, cheese, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, pickles, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. I included a side order of fries, and an endless raspberry tea to cool off the peppers. I dipped my cheeseburger in a mixture of ketchup and mustard. 

All three of us finished our burger. I then topped mine off with a piece of blueberry pie and a cup of coffee.

One of my other friends had a huge pile of hash browns with their meal and I will add that next time I eat in Gunder.

You get this wonderful burger at the Irish Shanti in Gunder, Iowa. It is located in scenic northeast Iowa between Elgin and Clermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment