Monday, January 28, 2013

River Road

My very good friend Jasmine Banks penned a short narrative about my Nirvana I call the 'River Road'. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do.
"I love...a place called the River Road. For me it's a place comparable to the enchanted forest. It's a place not only can you get lost but you would be happy being lost there forever. It's a place where dogs run free and horses are your neighbors. It's a place where timber thickly grows while bald eagles and hawks fly free. The place where an Amish horse and buggy are common. I love this place called the River Road a place where as the seasons change in this enchanted place the heart and soul stays the same.

I love the smell of fresh country air, the crunch of the gravel, leaves and snow beneath my feet. I love chasing sunsets and eating apples from the trees on this place called the River Road. I love closing my eyes and standing still as I get lost in the timber listening to the leaves falling silently into the arms of Mother Earth. The smell and sound of the river that runs through is like none other. I dream of sleeping under a sky lit up by twinkling stars instead of city lights.

Here on the River Road is where love lives and peace lies. Every time I leave this place, I leave a piece of my heart. Knowing that one day I will travel to the River Road never to return from where I've come."

No comments:

Post a Comment