Sunday, November 17, 2013

Basketball Season

I am out of coaching or playing basketball for the first time sense I started playing in fifth grade. I am 52 now, and no longer does practice, riding the bus, or the clerical work excite me. But oh I love to go and watch the games.

So Friday November 15th I took a ride with two former coaches and we watched the Grinnell men and women play.

The Grinnell men are coached by the great innovator David Arseneault. They won 144-99, with Jack Taylor from Grinnell leading all scores with 71 points, including 11 three pointers. Click here to read more about that game.

On the women's side they are coached by Jesup great Dana Harrold (Kester). Although they dropped a heartbreaking 80-71 effort to Iowa Conference foe Central, Grinnell played with a great passion and had an opportunity to win at the end of regulation. Click here to read more about that game.

I look forward to watching both teams play again later this season. I also look forward to telling you about other teams I see this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment