Friday, December 13, 2013

Benefits

Mike Curta in the boys' basketball coach at Eisenhower High School in Oak Lawn, Illinois. He uses the system there. To make his life even more enjoyable he has a son that is a freshman at Grinnell College and plays for coach Arseneault there. In a recent email that I received from him, he talked about Grinnell basketball and what basketball in any system should be. 

 

Here is a portion of that email; 

 

"I also can't say enough how great it has been to watch Grinnell this season with more of an "insider view" having my son Nick on the team as a freshman. Over the past three-plus seasons of running this at Eisenhower, trying to get better, using the numbers and data, clinics, etc. I really think that the buy-in and type of kids you have is what puts your team over the top. There are great kids on the team at Grinnell who really enjoy playing the game and being around their teammates and coaches. Watching the bench during their games that I attend and then watching the kids interact after the game gives me a lift every time. They have fun, care about each other, look out for the needs of each other and the coaches, greet all of the families and friends at the game, and it is obvious that it is as much a family as it is a basketball program. My son absolutely loves everything about the school, program, and coaches which makes life for us as parents about as good as it can get. The upperclassmen on the team have taken him under their wing and made him feel like much more than a freshman. It is such a good situation that the kids on the team have made my high school junior son Vinny feel like he is a part of the family every time we visit. My goal at Eisenhower is to try and get some of that behavior, attitude, and camaraderie with our team and hopefully make up for some of the ideas that our kids have yet to grasp. "

 

Thanks Mike for letting me share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment