Thursday, June 3, 2010

Veterans

I love golf it is my most recent addiction. Any chance, any where, any time I will play. I will die a bogey golfer but that doesn't stop me from loving to play. I generally play with a group made up of about a dozen guys. It depends on the time of day, the day of the week, and who needs a person in their group.


Today I played nine holes with two older gentlemen. About seventy to eighty years old. It was truly a pleasure. They hit the ball down the middle and they play fast. We played nine holes in 75 minutes.


It was fun, as they were graceful, competitive, and respectful. One of them shot every shot including his puts with his five iron. He probably shot between fifty and fifty five. Rarely was he in trouble. I hope I am playing every day when I am their age.


Now the rest of the day I will get my summer started. I will go to the bank, the grocery store, the Amish Walmart, ride my bike, take the dog for a walk, and if I have time fish for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment