Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Mom And Her Wit


My mom had a great sense of humor about her. One time she was talking to a girl I had a giant crush on in high school. I begged, pleaded, wined, and joked til I finally convinced that girl to go to prom with me. I think that girl liked my parents better then she liked me.




Any way as was the custom of the time you would go to each other’s houses for prom pictures.



We were at my house and I went to my room to get something, I heard my mom and my date talking in the kitchen. I heard my mom say to her that there's something not quite right about Jim.



I started to panic and I ran out there, but before I got out to the kitchen mom told her with a serious look on her face that it seemed like Jimmy (yes my mom called me Jimmy) is watching a movie that only he can see.



Mom continued, 'Jimmy was so clumsy as a little boy, we had to put a football helmet on him until he was four because he kept bumping into things.'



My date asked me later ‘did you really wear a football helmet in the house until you were four?'



I said, 'It was more like five.'

No comments:

Post a Comment