Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fishing



I went fishing at a friends pond today. As I started to fish, his grand kids came down to the pond. Three second graders and a fifth grader. They proceeded to educate me on fishing and on life.

As we walked along the pond, I told the only boy of the four that I had taught his mom and dad when they were in high school.

He looked me in the eyes and asked me a question that will remain with me the rest of my life.

As seriously as any human I have ever been around he asked;
"Will you be alive when I'm in high school?"

I did not know if I should laugh or cry. Thank God we both had a fish on right then.

I feel so old.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but I had a laugh at your expense while reading this. Except I probably had his mom & dad in class, too.

    ReplyDelete