Thursday, April 7, 2011

Leave



Often here in my blog I make fun of my goat roping ways. I was raised in a house that listened to country artist like Hank Williams, Dolly Pardon, Porter Wagner, Charlie Pride, Little Jimmy Dickens, and Johnny Cash. Heck, I was in the hospital for a while in 1981 with June Carter Cash in the same wing. If you would have asked the neighbors and my mom, you would have thought she was family the way they talked about it.

Yet, still the kids in my neighborhood sold me on the rock and roll of the time period. Grand Funk Railroad, Hall and Oats, CCR, Chicago, and as I got older Bob Segar and Leo Sayer were some of my favorites.

Although, my mother was an incredible dancer, I have been barred from any place with music because of my lack of dancing skills. Yet in my high school days, before the ban, I would go to dances at places such as Matters in Decorah. That place burned down, probably because people heard I danced there. I also danced in little towns like Lourdes, Protivin, and Spilleville. I know some of you are formulating some humorous pictures in your mind, so I will stop there.

Here is a song that was a big hit back in those days, Bob Segar’s “Old Time Rock and Roll”.


No comments:

Post a Comment