Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Three Iron

I did not get a chance to play a game of golf today, but I did have a chance to drill with my three iron for about a half-hour. I am convinced if you can hit your three iron you can hit any club in your bag.

I did three drills with my three iron; The first one was to hit about 25 pine cones. Zero accuracy with them, but it allowed me to work on staying still with them and keeping my head down. (I am lucky enough to have a nice pine tree that produce perfect size pine cones)

Second, I hit about twenty-five wiffle balls. This gave it a little more pure flight without losing the balls. I also could work on trying to draw and fade the ball.

Third and last, I hit ten balls into the woods across the road from my house. I controlled my three iron with an accurate distance. It was a great fix for this addicts addiction.

The three iron is a great weapon to have in your bag if you use it. Hopefully I can play at least nine holes tonight.

Fore!

No comments:

Post a Comment