Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Cost of War

I went and watched UNI and Rider play last night in the first round of the CIT post season tournament. Slightly bizarre the way it works; UNI had to pay a little more then $30,000 dollars to host a home game. If you haven't heard by now they won easily and now get a buy in the next round. They will host again next Monday, and I believe they will have to pay to host that game as well. I know what Coach J. is doing, he wants to get his guys battle experience. Judging from the crowd I would guess they made enough money to take care of the expenses.

UNI was actually fun to watch, they shot a lot of three's, pushed a little more then they did in the regular season, and pressed some. I sat four rows up behind the Rider bench. They were shell shocked the way UNI shot. They brought no where near the passion UNI brought, and as far as fans from Rider; I did not see one, and I was right behind their bench.

On a side note, at half-time they introduced the UNI women's basketball team. The were the MVC regular season and Valley Tournament Champions this year. They play Michigan State in the first round of the NCAA Women's tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment