Friday, March 25, 2011

The Man in Black


I remember back in the 1970’s, my mom and I would come down to Waterloo from Cresco to see my Great Aunt Nettie. Everybody called her Aunt Nettie, sort of like Aunt Bea on the “Andy Griffith Show”. Although, she was mine and my mom’s real aunt, and I found great pride in that. Anyhow, in the late sixty’s or early seventy’s mom went to Aunt Nettie’s one weekend without me to go see Johnny Cash in concert at McElroy Auditorium.


Johnny was struggling through some chemical abuse problems, and never went on that night. I remember how angry mom was when she got home that weekend, but Aunt Nettie yelled about that until her death in 1980. She could never forgive the man in black for letting her down.

That’s why I am posting one of Johnny’s best “The Ring of Fire”. Perhaps Aunt Nettie has forgiven him by now.



No comments:

Post a Comment