Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Private Delaney



My mom was a big Tom T. Hall fan, and she had the album with the song “The Year That Clayton Delaney Died”. It was from my mom and dad that I developed my goat roping tendencies. Anyhow when I was in the later part of my elementary years, I went to school singing “Clayton Delaney” and telling my friends how great of song it was.

They all made fun of it, and said they hated it. It was the late sixty’s, and they were all listening to their older brothers and sisters hippy music.

When I went home, something like the following conversation took place;

Me I’m going to kill my friends.

Mom You can’t kill your friends.

Me But mom, they hate the Clayton song.

Mom I’ll get the gun, meet me at the car.


Thank god dad stopped us at the back door. I hope you like Clayton as much as mom did.

Click below to listen to "The Year That Clayton Delaney Died"



No comments:

Post a Comment