Monday, February 28, 2011

The Armored Train


Throughout the years I have had students ask me if I went to Woodstock. I always tell them I was the only seven year old to hitchhike there. Although, the day after the Wadena Rock Festival my mom piled my cousin and me into the car to drive down to Wadena, Iowa about 45 miles south of Cresco to see the remnants of that festival.

I can remember the adults talking about what was going on there; music, dancing, and hippies. Those hippies were causing problems outside of a town about the size of Littleton. I have talked about my neighborhood on here before and we had music, dancing and hippies around us.

I can remember riding with my friend’s older brothers and sisters and listening to what my dad would call that “damn hippie music”. Years later I can recall many of those songs, one of those I recall was Cat Stevens (he is now called Yusuf Islam) singing “Peace Train”. Here it is enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment