Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parachute Pants

Sometimes I think I need to wear parachute pants so I have enough pockets to keep the money in I need to carry. The reason being we have so many fundraisers in school and community wide. No complaints, because as an educator, I have been part of many over my years of coaching and teaching.

I know that in our community we have several fundraisers presently happening, two of the main ones being for an all-weather track, and the other being for a Buchanan County Humane Society(Animal Rescue).Because of all of these fundraisers I think we should use tax money to build a recreation department.

I have spoken and received emails from many people who see this as being something that would be very positive for our community. There are many people who are stronger then I am when it comes to how much money this would cost our community, and/or would be able to figure out what this would cost our tax base.

I know that I myself am willing to see a bump in my taxes for a project like this for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment